It’s finally here! Yes, that’s right; my first ever video tutorial is officially here! Last week I highlighted my shopping trip with krrb.com and hinted that a piece of vintage picked up on this adventure was turned into the perfect indoor planter. And now, without further ado here is my first ever video tutorial…
Now that you’ve seen the video let’s get into the project. For this project I turned an (what I believe to be) old library index box into a planter and gave it a slight face lift. It is one of the easiest DIY ever. What you will need to make your own is the following:
Any Glass Jar
A rectangle box of any kind – these wooden vintage boxes are really easy to find and make the perfect shape for a planter
1. Measure & mark first 10" from the bottom and then 4" from the top.
2. Use your painters tape to connect the two marks. Secure firmly.
3. Take news paper and cover the larger area of the box
4. Now comes the fun, choose your color and go crazy!
5. Wait about five minutes for your spray paint to dry. This might take longer depending on the type of paint you use.
6. Carefully remove newspaper and tape
7. Next take any glass jar. I used an old candle jar.
8. Then scatter some small rocks and add your plants with extra soil as needed.
All Done! And now that you've watched and created your own planter don't forget to subscribe to color.me.quirky on youtube and comment below. I would love to hear what all of you think (but please be kind)!